- 1 Types
- 2 Signs and symptoms
- 3 Cause
- 4 Pathophysiology
- 5 Prevention
- 6 Screening
- 7 Treatment
- 8 Epidemiology
- 9 Research
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Многие годы пытаетесь вылечить СУСТАВЫ?
Глава Института лечения суставов: «Вы будете поражены, насколько просто можно вылечить суставы принимая каждый день средство за 147 рублей...
Causes and Risk Factors
The exact cause of spina bifida occulta is not known. However, recent studies suspect that the cause of this defect is multifactorial. The possible causes may include:
- Genetic factors
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Environmental factors
- Low intake of folic acid by the pregnant mother
The possible specific risk factors for this disorder include:
- Maternal age- this anomaly is more commonly seen in newborns of teenage mothers
- Birth order- the first baby is at higher risk of developing this disorder
- History of miscarriage
- Lower socioeconomic status
- Low level of folic acid
- Uncontrolled diabetes in mother especially during early part of pregnancy increases the risk of developing this anomaly.
- Presence of neural tube defect in a previous child
- Use of some medications like anti-epileptics during pregnancy is another risk factor1, 2, 3.